This sweet dessert dip makes a unique holiday treat that features a seasonal Little Debbie favorite - Cherry Cordials! Cherry Cordial cookie sandwiches are whipped into a creamy dip alongside maraschino cherries to create a sweet dip that pairs wonderfully with everything from chocolate-coated pretzels to graham crackers.
If you’re tired of baking dozens of cookies, pies, and the like and want to push the dessert easy button this holiday season, you need this no-bake Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip. All you need are a handful of ingredients - Cherry Cordials, whipped cream cheese, milk, Cool Whip, maraschino cherries, and a little maraschino cherry juice from the jar. It’s simple, sweet, and perfect for cherry lovers!
You have my permission to leave the oven off this holiday season.
Reasons to Love This Cherry Cordial Dip
- Few Ingredients – All you need are a few ingredients that can easily be purchased at your local grocery store or places like Target.
- Easy to Make – Technically a food processor does all the heavy lifting, resulting in a delicious dessert dip that takes just minutes to prepare.
- Perfect Holiday Dip – This is the perfect dip to bring to holiday parties. It’s a sweet treat that can be served as an appetizer or a dessert.
- Reasons to Love This Cherry Cordial Dip
- What is a Little Debbie Cherry Cordial?
- Ingredients - How to Make Cherry Cordial Dessert Dip
- Directions - How to Make Cherry Cordial Dessert Dip
- Dippables for Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip
- Dessert Dip Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Top tip
- Recent Recipes on Midwexican
- Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dessert Dip
What is a Little Debbie Cherry Cordial?
Little Debbie Cherry Cordials are a type of layered cookie sandwich featuring a cherry-flavored creme sandwiched between two soft vanilla cookies and coated in chocolate. They kind of remind me of the moon pies I grew up eating. I tend to only see Little Debbie Cherry Cordials in stores right before the winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas) and around Valentines day, making them a seasonal treat.
Ingredients - How to Make Cherry Cordial Dessert Dip
- Little Debbie Cherry Cordials
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Milk (I used 2%)
- Cool Whip
- Maraschino cherries, pitted, no stems
- Maraschino cherry juice (from the jar the maraschino cherries come in)
See recipe card for quantities. This Cherry Cordial Dip was inspired by and adapted from Little Debbies Christmas Tree Cakes® Dip,
Directions - How to Make Cherry Cordial Dessert Dip
Let Cool Whip and whipped cream cheese come to room temperature.
Add cherry cordials, cream cheese, milk, maraschino cherries and maraschino cherry juice to a food processor and puree for 15 seconds.
Open lid and scrape down sides of food processor. Puree for an additional 5-10 seconds.
Transfer cherry cordial dip to a large bowl and fold in Cool Whip. Stir until combined.
Put a lid on the bowl and refrigerate until serving. For best results, refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving to let the dip chill.
Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, or fresh fruit for dipping.
Dippables for Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip
I think one of the best things you can pair this Cherry Cordial Dip with is chocolate covered pretzels - you get that hit of chocolate to mimic an actual Cherry Cordial, which is then completed with a nice slightly salty counterbalance against the sweet dessert dip. Here are some other dippables that go great with Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip.
- Mini chocolate chip cookies
- Nilla wafers
- Graham crackers
- Ritz crackers
- Animal crackers
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Biscoff cookies
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, apple slices, etc.)
Dessert Dip Recipe Tips and Tricks
What is Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip, really? When it comes down to it, it’s simply whipped snack cakes transformed into a dippable dessert. So feel free to play around with the flavors and ingredients a bit to suit your tastes.
I love the lighter consistency of this dip that’s thanks in part to buying and using whipped cream cheese. Paired with Cool Whip, it results in a fluffy dessert. You can use regular cream cheese instead, but you can expect it to result in a little denser consistency.
Want to maximize the cherry flavor? Reduce the amount of milk and increase the amount of maraschino cherry juice.
Store Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Give the dip a good stir before serving.
Feel free to adjust the amount of maraschino cherries (and maraschino cherry juice from the jar) in this dip to suit your personal preferences.
Of course! There are many recipes out there for Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake dip, so you can easily swap in those festive Christmas trees if you’d like. This dip would also be fantastic using Swiss cake rolls, zebra cakes, Cosmic brownies, and more!
You don’t need a food processor to make this Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dip, but you’ll be able to achieve a smoother consistency if you use one. You can also use a hand mixer or a Kitchenaid mixer instead, beating at a high speed until the dip is as smooth as possible. There may be small pieces of cake in the resulting dip; to achieve a smoother dip with a mixer, chop up the Cherry Cordials into smaller pieces before mixing.
Recent Recipes on Midwexican
Little Debbie Cherry Cordial Dessert Dip
- 6 Little Debbie Cherry Cordials
- 1 8-ounce package whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 8-ounce tub Cool Whip
- 20-25 maraschino cherries (pitted, no stems)
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Let Cool Whip and whipped cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Add cherry cordials, cream cheese, milk, maraschino cherries and maraschino cherry juice to a food processor and puree for 15 seconds.
- Open lid and scrape down sides of food processor. Puree for an additional 5-10 seconds.
- Transfer cherry cordial dip to a large bowl and fold in Cool Whip. Stir until combined.
- Put a lid on the bowl and refrigerate until serving. For best results, refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving to let the dip chill.
- Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, or fresh fruit for dipping.