Cream cheese, giardiniera, salami, and pecans are all you need to make these bold and delicious Giardiniera and Salami Fat Bombs.
One of the best food trends to come from keto and other low-carb diets are “fat bombs”. They were a staple snack when I went full-on keto that one time a couple of years ago. Even though I’m not currently following any particular diet, low-carb or otherwise, I still enjoy fat bombs as snacks.
What are fat bombs?
As the name implies, fat bombs are bite-sized snacks that consist almost entirely of fat. When on a keto or low-carb diet, fat serves as your body’s source of fuel (instead of carbohydrates). So fat bombs are designed to be little nuggets of energy.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist; this is my understanding based on reading literature from keto and low-carb authorities.
Fat bombs are also incredibly easy to make. I like pushing the easy button. For these Giardiniera and Salami Fat Bombs all you need are four ingredients:
- Cream cheese
*This recipe would also work well with walnuts or slivered almonds.
Simply combine all of the ingredients together (reserving the majority of the pecans for coating the exterior), form into balls with the aid of a cookie scoop, roll in pecans to coat and you’ve got yourself one delicious fat bomb. The pecan coating offers a nice presentation and keeps your fingers (relatively) clean when consuming.
The giardiniera and salami remind me of the flavors of an Italian sub. So these Giardiniera and Salami Fat Bombs are sort of like carb-free Italian sub snacks. To preserve the Italian sub flavors you could also “sub” in the following ingredients:
- Kalamata olives
Keto or not, I’m sure you’ll love these savoy Giardiniera and Salami Fat Bombs!
If you love these fat bombs, you’ll also love these snacks:
Giardiniera and Salami Fat Bombs
- 1 cup salted and roasted pecans
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup giardiniera
- 15 quarter-size salami slices
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of pecans to a food processor and pulse 4-5 times, until pecans resemble small pebbles in size.
- Add a little less than 1/4 cup of the crushed pecans to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of giardiniera to a food processor and pulse 4-5 times.
- Add pulverized giardiniera to the mixing bowl.
- Cut the salami into little squares. I cut twice one way, then turn 90 degrees and cut two more times to create little squares.
- Add the chopped salami to the mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop* to equally divide the fat bomb mixture into even servings.
- Roll each ball in the remaining crushed pecans.
- This recipe makes 15 balls (I probably could make 16, but I believe in quality control).
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the fat bombs set up. Store in a covered container for up to 5 days.