Reach for these three ingredients the next time you need a delicious side in a flash - canned whole kernel corn, cream cheese, and canned jalapeno. Zero prep is needed for this spicy Jalapeno Creamed Corn. Simply heat up all of the ingredients in a pan over medium heat and you’ll have a satisfying side ready in less than 10 minutes.
This recipe is perfect to throw together when you need a quick side. Or maybe you’re preparing a large holiday meal and you’re ready to push the easy button on those side dishes. Whatever the motivation, Jalapeno Creamed Corn has you covered.
Each bite contains sweet, tender-crisp kernels of corn, with subtle bursts of heat from the jalapeno that is balanced by silky cream cheese. Let's get to how to make it!
Ingredients Needed for Jalapeno Creamed Corn
You only need three ingredients to make this spicy creamed corn, but if you want it even spicier, add a few dashes of cayenne pepper.
- canned whole kernel corn (15.25 ounces), drained
- cream cheese, cubed
- canned diced jalapeno (4 ounces)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
Add all of the ingredients to a small pot or pan. Turn to medium heat, stirring occasionally as it heats up.
Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring often, until the cream cheese has melted.
Taste and add a few dashes of cayenne pepper if you’d like it spicier!
Here are a few suggested tweaks you can easily make to this spicy Jalapeno Creamed Corn recipe.
- Cream cheese - Swap in Neufchatel cheese or lessen the calories with reduced-fat cream cheese.
- Canned jalapenos - Use 1 fresh jalapeno instead; remove the seeds and pith and finely dice.
- Cayenne pepper - This is an optional addition for those who like it hot. You could also use red pepper flakes or a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce instead.
Variations on Jalapeno Creamed Corn
If you’re hoping to give this spicy creamed corn recipe a twist, try the following.
- Green chili creamed corn - Replace the jalapeno with green chili. Or use both!
- Vegetable-lover’s creamed corn - Add in some diced bell pepper and onions. Maybe even sneak in some zucchini ;).
- Protein-boosted creamed corn - Add chorizo or pinto beans to the party.
Storage & Reheating
Store leftover Jalapeno Creamed Corn in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, add to a pan and heat over medium-low heat, covered, on the stovetop until warmed through. Stir occasionally during reheating.
This spicy creamed corn recipe was designed with ease in mind, so don’t be afraid to add an ingredient (or two) to make it your own. Maybe it’s a little cumin, your favorite hot sauce, or another veggie. Go for it!
Yup! If you want to double or triple the recipe and freeze the leftovers, go for it! For best results, store in a container or freezer bag that allows you to remove as much air as possible. Use within 3 months.
If you need a main to pair with this spicy creamed corn, give these a try! Jalapeno creamed corn goes perfectly with each of these!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
Crispy Dr. Pepper Carnitas
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Chorizo Street Tacos
Grilled Chicken Quesadilla
If you are hoping to transform the creamed corn into another dish, I recommend using it in a soup, like this Creamy Taco Soup. You could also add it to another leftover favorite, Pork Enchilada Hot Dish. Or you could turn it into a warm and cheesy corn dip by adding shredded cheddar cheese... Mmm, new recipe idea for me!
Jalapeno Creamed Corn
- 1 Pot
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) jalapenos
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a small pot or pan. Turn to medium heat, stirring occasionally as it heats up.1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained, 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed, 1 can (4 ounces) jalapenos
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring often, until the cream cheese has melted.
- Taste and add a few dashes of cayenne pepper if you’d like it spicier!1-2 dashes cayenne pepper