Salsa, Ham, and Egg Roll-Ups make a tasty, low-carb breakfast, requiring only four basic ingredients.
Whether you’re trying to eat fewer carbs or just looking for a new breakfast dish, these Salsa, Ham, and Egg Roll-Ups are sure to hit the spot. Sometimes the simplest things are the tastiest. This is definitely one of those dishes. Lovely scrambled eggs topped with salsa, swaddled in a hammy meat blanket, and made extra cozy with melty cheese. Mmmm….
You only need four ingredients to make ‘em.
- Deli ham
…And a pat of butter, drizzle of olive oil, or spoonful of bacon grease to cook your eggs in. That’s it!
Salsa, Ham, and Egg Roll-Ups come together quickly – it’s all downhill after you scramble those eggs to your liking. I recommend folding in a bit of shredded cheese at the end.
Lay out a slice of deli meat, add some scrambled egg – a bit off center – and top with salsa. Starting with the short ham side, roll it over and around the salsa and egg filling, like you’re making a nice little enchilada.
You could stop there and chow down, but if you’ve got the time, sprinkle some cheese on top and pop those roll-ups in the oven for a few minutes until it gets all melty.
The world is your salsa bar when it comes to choosing your topping. I opted for Pace because I like the chunkiness – it’s my shortcut to preparing and cooking peppers and onions for the dish.
- You could also use deli-sliced turkey or chicken
- Any melty cheese will do; try pepper jack, Colby, or Oaxaca cheese
- Give guacamole or hot sauce a try
Food Snob Alert!
I frequently get shit for this, but I always buy cheese in blocks and grate it myself. I don’t care if this makes me a snob, I love it. Pre-shredded cheese is coated in cellulose to prevent it from clumping. Nothing wrong with it health-wise (that I’m aware of) but when I want cheese, I want CHEESE, not cheese and cellulose, and other miscellaneous additives. And it melts like trash. Ever had nachos made with pre-shredded cheese? Yuck. Grate ‘yo cheese!
If you like this, you’ll love:
Salsa, Ham, and Egg Roll-Ups
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup salsa I used Pace
- 5 slices deli ham
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Add four large eggs to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Once the butter has melted, add the eggs to the pan. Scramble the eggs to your liking.
- Remove from heat and fold in 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Lay out 5 pieces of deli ham and evenly divide the scrambled eggs between them, adding the eggs just off-center. Top each with salsa.
- Tuck the short side of the ham over the eggs and roll it up like an enchilada.
- Add the ham roll-up to a lightly greased baking pan, seam side down. Repeat until all 5 ham roll-ups are on the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese over the ham roll-ups.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven on the top rack and bake for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and dig in!