This three-ingredient Coconut and Banana Yogurt Parfait comes together quickly for an easy and delicious tropical-inspired breakfast.
I love breakfast, but what I don’t love is taking a lot of time to prepare breakfast. Even though I work from home and therefore have plenty of time to spend on the most important meal of the day, I just don’t wanna.
Yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit are breakfast staples for me. When combined and layered they make a flavorful, texturally interesting yogurt parfait that resembles a healthy breakfast. (Pay attention to the amount of sugar in the yogurt and granola you purchase as some brands are sugar bombs).
What is a Yogurt Parfait?
A yogurt parfait is a breakfast dish popular in the United States and Canada made by layering yogurt with granola, nuts, and/or fresh fruits like strawberries or blueberries (see Wikipedia entry Parfait for more information).
I’ve been crushing hard on bananas lately so I figured why not mash ’em up and use them in place of the berries that are typically used in yogurt parfaits. And when you have 97 different yogurt flavors to choose from, you can get real creative with your parfait pairings. Plain or vanilla are obvious choices, but coconut yogurt makes this a decidedly tropical parfait. Add some banana nut granola to the mix and you’ve got yourself the makings of one delicious breakfast. Simply layer and eat!
Of course, you don’t need to limit yourself to just three ingredients. Mix it up with these suggested additions.
Optional Additions for Coconut and Banana Yogurt Parfait:
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut chips
- Banana chips
- Crushed pecans or walnuts
- Slivered almonds
- Drizzle of honey
The Banana Nut Granola used in this recipe is the Good & Gather brand from Target. Bear Naked’s Banana Nut Granola is also a solid choice. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
You might also like these breakfast recipes:
Coconut and Banana Yogurt Parfait
- 1/2 cup coconut flavored yogurt* I used Noosa
- 1 banana
- 4 tbsp banana nut granola I used Good & Gather
- Peel the banana and mash it with a fork. Cut three or four slices if you’d like for presentation before mashing.
- Put 1/4 cup coconut flavored yogurt in the bottom of a small Mason jar.
- Layer half of the mashed banana on top of the yogurt.
- Sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of banana nut granola.
- Repeat, layering the remaining coconut yogurt, mashed banana, and banana nut granola into the Mason jar.
- Garnish with a few slices of banana.
- Dig in! Or top it with a lid and take it to-go!