Roasted 3-Pepper Veggie Dip is an excellent way to eat your veggies in fun, delicious, and dippable fashion.
I’ve been condiment crazy lately – olive tapenades, hummus, cream cheese dips, salsa… I’ve been devouring them all with enthusiasm and zero shame. This is why I was thrilled to rediscover the recipe for a dip I created a few years ago, Roasted 3-Pepper Veggie Dip.
The timing was perfect for this dip to come out of retirement, given my current fixation on dippables.
So what 3 peppers are in this Roasted 3-Pepper Veggie Dip? I found that jalapeno, poblano, and red bell pepper are perfectly suited together. But feel free to choose any three peppers that strike your fancy. I have a feeling the dip would turn out fabulously with almost any pepper combination.
In addition to three types of peppers, roasted onion and garlic provide complimentary, flavorful roles. Root those flavor bombs into decadent cream cheese and some zesty pepper jack and you’ve got yourself one kickass dip.
Another thing I love about this dip is it allows for some serious multi-tasking, effectively cutting down on the time investment involved in creating it. While the veggies are roasting, you get a head start on slowly melting the cream cheese and shredded pepper jack. I provide instructions for making it on the stovetop because it’s the quickest way to make Roasted 3-Pepper Veggie Dip, but you could also prepare this in a crockpot.
Once the dip is done, the hardest part will be deciding what to use as a vehicle to get the delicious dip into your mouth. I really like to use slices of French bread and Ritz crackers, but you could use pita chips or even fresh veggies like carrot sticks or cucumber slices.
Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 packages of cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (I buy blocks of cheese and shred them myself)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break down peppers and onions and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle peppers and onions with olive oil.
- Put the head of garlic in aluminum foil or a small, lidded cooking vessel (I have a little Le Cruset dish that I use to roast garlic in). and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put the baking tray with peppers and onion and the head of garlic in the oven and roast for about 35 minutes, or until the veggies are soft. The garlic may require an extra 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it, removing it when it’s pleasantly soft and roast-y looking.
- While the veggies are roasting, add cream cheese to a small pan over low heat. Let melt, stirring occasionally. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Add the shredded pepper jack cheese and let melt into the cream cheese. This should take an additional 15 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, add them all to a food processor and process for 20-30 seconds, until well combined. I don’t aim for the veggies to be completely smooth as I like a bit of texture in the dip.
- Add the processed veggies to the cream cheese and pepper jack mixture and stir until combined.
- Serve immediately or transfer dip to a small crockpot and set the temperature to low to keep the dip warm.
- Serve with crusty bread, crackers, or pita chips.