Dill pickles + Havarti dill cheese + tortilla = one dill-icious Dill Pickle Quesadilla.
I’m having a damn dilly day, thanks to this dill-icious Dill Pickle Quesadilla. And if you want to have yourself a damn dilly day, keep reading. This quesadilla is unapologetically fun to eat. And might I recommend pairing it with a side of Chipotle Ranch for dipping?
Three ingredients gets you on your way to enviable lunch goals: one big ass tortilla, one cup of shredded Havarti dill cheese, and pre-sliced dill pickle chips (I used Vlasic Dill Pickle Chips – this is an affiliate link so I get a small commission if you purchase 🙂 ). Use whatever brands you like or happen to have on hand.
I chose to griddle this on a cast iron pan on the stovetop, but a grilled quesadilla is fantastic as well, weather permitting.
I hope you have yourself a damn dilly day. Here’s how you make a Dill Pickle Quesadilla.
If you like this you might also like these pickle-y dishes:
Dill Pickle Quesadilla
- Cast Iron Griddle Pan
- 1 extra large flour tortilla
- 8-9 dill pickle slices I used Vlasic Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- Heat griddle pan over medium heat.
- Put dill pickle slices on paper towels and cover to remove excess moisture. This is key to avoiding a soggy quesadilla.
- Lay tortilla on a cutting board. Sprinkle 1/2 a cup of shredded Havarti cheese over half of the tortilla.
- Strategically place pickle slices on top of the shredded cheese to ensure a pickle gets into nearly every hypothetical bite.
- Cover with the other 1/2 cup of shredded Havarti cheese. Fold the naked tortilla half onto the loaded half.
- Put onto the warm griddle and let cook for 4-5 minutes or so, checking the underside periodically. When the underside is all golden brown and crisp and the cheese melty, flip.
- Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or so, until you’ve reached desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters. Enjoy with Creamy Chipotle Ranch.