Chorizo Breakfast Tacos with Apple Radish Slaw
These hearty Chorizo Breakfast Tacos are brightened up with a tart and refreshing Apple Radish Slaw.
- 1 pound pork chorizo cooked and strained in paper towels*
- 8 large eggs scrambled**
- 12 tortillas, taqueria style aka street tortillas***
- Cotija or feta cheese for garnish
Apple Radish Slaw
- 1 medium-sized crab apple, julienned
- 3 large radishes, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 dashes hot sauce I used classic Tabasco
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Apple Radish Slaw Assembly
Add 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 4-5 dashes of hot sauce, and a few dashes each of salt and pepper to a bowl.
Whisk for 20 seconds to combine.
Add the julienned apple and radish and the thinly sliced green onion to the bowl. Stir until combined.
Taste. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Chorizo Breakfast Taco Assembly
Put a tortilla on a plate. Add chorizo, followed by scrambled egg, followed by apple radish slaw, and top with cotija or feta cheese.
*I used Johnsonville ground pork chorizo and was impressed by the flavor; would definitely recommend.
**Based on a ratio of using 2 large eggs for 3 tacos.
***I briefly toast each side of the tortillas over the open flame on my gas stove before serving.